It is important to have drivers for your audio or network devices because without them they may not work correctly or may not work at all. And some audio problems happen when you don’t update your C-Media driver. Here we will discuss the two most common ways to update C-Media drivers.
Method 1: Update C-Media Driver with Device Manager
The first way is to update it using Microsoft Windows, which is easy and doesn’t require downloading third-party software.
1. Right click on Start Menu and choose Device Manager in the list.
2. Locate C-Media device in the compartment. Usually you can find it when expanding Sound, video, and game controllers.
3. Right click on it and select Update Driver.
4. In the window there will be two options as shown. Choose the first option Search automatically for updated driver software, Windows will search your computer and the internet for the latest driver software for your device. You just need to follow its instructions to update the driver.
And it will prompt you if your computer has the latest driver software installed.
These are the steps of the first method.
Method 2: Automatically update C-Media drivers
You need to download a professional driver download utility tool that can help you download and update device drivers, such as Driver Booster. This method can save you time.
Driver Booster, an automatic driver update and download tool, can help users to download the latest graphics driver, audio driver, USB driver, mouse driver etc with one click. click. And as the best driver scanner, it can detect the most missing and outdated drivers for your computer.
Besides the driver function, it supports downloading and updating game components such as Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable, OpenALEt cetera.
first. Download and install Driver Booster step by step, then, run it on your computer.
2. Click Scan. Once the scan is complete, it will tell you how many devices need a driver update.
3. Then there will be a list and you can find C-Media Device among them. Next, you just need to find the C-media device and click Update to update the driver. Or if you want to update them all, select Update Now.
Your C-Media driver can be updated quickly after completing these steps.
Method 3: Install Compatible C-Media Drivers
The next method is somewhat similar to the first one. When the C-Media Audio driver is not available but your device is a C-Media PCI Audio device, you can install a compatible device driver such as the High Definition Audio Driver or the Audio Driver Realtek HD stick.
1. Right click on Start Menu and go Device Manager>Sound, Video and game controllers > C-Media Device > Update Driver.
2. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
3. Then click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
4. Check Show compatible hardware. It will then show the compatible device in the box and you can select the version you want to update. Click next.
5. Select Yes when the warning window appears for it is normal.
After this process, you have updated your C-Media driver.
All of the above are three ways to update C-Media Drivers. And these ways can apply to not only C-Media Drivers but other device drivers. You can choose a way you like.
Fix C-Media USB Audio Device Drivers Not Installed on Windows 10