Microsoft has officially released the Windows 11 operating system for existing compatible PCs. While there’s a lot to like about the Windows 11 operating system in general, issues like Wi-Fi not working or no sound after an update can spoil your mood. We talked about the old one and in this post we will talk about how to fix Realtek sound not working in Windows 11/10. Start, redesigned apps, quick layouts, and more when there’s a fundamental problem with your computer. Realtek is a company that provides various bits and hardware that are integrated in many computers. Realtek HD audio comes pre-installed on many existing Windows computers.
Fix Realtek sound not working in Windows 11 and Windows 10
The troubleshooting methods should work on both Windows 11 and Windows 10 OS (Microsoft has promised support until 2025). We will point out the differences if there are changes in the steps.
1. Update Realtek Audio Driver
Corrupt or outdated audio drivers on your Windows computer can lead to Realtek audio not working problem in Windows 11. Follow the steps below to find and update Realtek drivers to session latest edition.
1. Press Windows and find Device Manager.
2. Hit Enter and open Device Manager.
3. Scroll down to Sound, video and game controllers.
4. Expand the menu and find Realtek High Definition Audio on the list.
5. Right click on it and select Update Driver.
Windows will try to download and install the latest Realtek drivers from the web for your computer model.
2. Reinstall Realtek Audio Driver
This trick has worked for many people out there including SquadGuide team members. You need to uninstall and reinstall the Realtek audio driver from your computer. Here’s how to do it.
1. Open Device Manager on Windows 11 or Windows 10.
2. Find the Audio, Video and Game Controller in the list.
3. From the menu, right-click Realtek High Definition Audio and choose Uninstall drivers .
Open Windows 11 Start menu and use the Power menu to restart the PC. The system will reinstall the necessary Realtek audio drivers during the boot process.
3. Restart Realtek Audio Service
If for some reason the Realtek audio service is disabled in the background, it will not work on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC. Follow the steps below to restart the Realtek audio service.
1. Press Windowssearch and open Task Manager.
2. Scroll to Services.
3. Scroll down RtkAudioService.
4. Right click on it and select Restart .
Close Task Manager and try playing some sound on your computer.
4. Install audio drivers manually from OEM sites
Although Microsoft has done a great job with drivers on Windows 11/10, OEMs also provide drivers from their website. Windows hardware partners such as HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc. provide relevant drivers from company websites.
Go to the official website and try searching for the Realtek audio driver for your computer model. Manually install them on your computer.
5. Check Sound Output
Are you working with third-party speakers on your Windows PC? You need to select the relevant output devices from the Windows Settings menu. Here is what you need to do to solve Realtek sound not working problem on Windows 11.
1. Open Settings on Windows 11 (Use Windows key + I)
2. Go to System.
3. Word Soundfind Output.
4. Go to ‘Choose where to play sound‘ and select a suitable device to play the sound.
From the same menu, you can also pair a new output device.
6. Run Windows Audio Troubleshooter
Microsoft provides a built-in audio troubleshooter to troubleshoot Realtek audio not working.
1. Open Windows Settings (Using Windows + I).
2. Go to System > Troubleshooter > Other troubleshooters.
3. Run the debugger for Playing Audio and let Microsoft fix the problem.
Windows 10 users can find Audio troubleshooter are from Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooter.
Windows will run the audio troubleshooter and determine the cause to fix the problem.
7. Update Windows OS
If Realtek audio not working in Windows is a common problem, Microsoft will issue a quick fix with a software update. You should go to Windows Settings > Update & Security and install the latest operating system on the computer.
Finish: Fix Realtek Sound Not Working in Windows 11 and 10
In today’s work from the home age, sound plays an important role in our work life. Realtek audio not working can lead to unproductive hours. The steps above should help you fix the problem in no time.
In the above post, I have shared information about 7 ways to fix Realtek sound not working in Windows 11, 10. If you have any questions regarding the aforementioned steps, let us know in the comments section. We will contact you as soon as possible for a solution.