Hands with document icons and typing on laptop.
Can you customize PDF stamps for free?
Unfortunately, for the most part, you cannot customize or modify the free PDF stamp presets available in most PDF editors. However, using the resources available in the PDF software, you can create a custom stamp from scratch.
A specific example of PDF software that stands out with this particular function is Foxit PDF Editor. You can learn more about it through this video:
How to create custom PDF stamps for free with Foxit PDF Editor
Foxit PDF Editor has some pre-made PDF stamps available for free, but you cannot modify them. Instead, the software allows you to create a custom stamp from scratch as it has a stamp generator feature. Here’s how you can use it:
- Open Foxit PDF Editor on your computer.
- Navigate to Comment from the top menu bar.
- Click Create.
- Option Create Custom Dynamic Stamp.
- A pop-up window will appear. From the left side, select a template.
Note: The pattern corresponds to the shape and color of the stamp and has nothing to do with the text you are about to add in the next steps.
- On the right side you will find a few fields. You must enter the appropriate input for each of these fields. Here’s what each field requires and how they affect the stamp:
- Category will affect the way stamps are displayed in the list of existing stamps on Foxit PDF Editor. Stamps of the same category are displayed together.
- Name Mention the name it will show up once in the selection pane.
- Font corresponds to the font style of the text.
- Stamp Text will determine the content of the text.
- Font Size refers to how large the text appears on the stamp.
- Color is the color of the text.
- Stamp Size, despite the name, corresponds to the size of the text. It’s a slider, which allows you to enlarge the text if you slide it to the right side and shrink it if you slide it to the left side. The slider is unusable in most cases unless the Font Size field is set to Auto. Otherwise, it will be grayed out and cannot be interacted with.
- After you set the parameters correctly, you have to click Add to the right of the menu to add text. To delete text, click Remove button next to it.
- Drag the text to position it to its correct position. When selected, you can edit the text in real time by adjusting the parameters in the aforementioned fields.
- To add another text, click outside the existing text and click Add. Then repeat steps 6 through 8. You can look at the Preview panel to see what the stamp will look like.
- Click OK to add the stamp to the Stamps pane.
- Now, come back Comment tab and click Stamp.
- You will be able to find the new stamp according to the category you set for it. Select that stamp.
- The stamp will then appear on the document. Simply drag the stamp to its position anywhere you want.
Alternative: How to Insert Custom Free PDF Stamps
Most PDF stamps don’t need to be personalized too. That’s why custom stamp creator The features of most PDF editors are limited to a handful of shapes. If you need to insert a truly customized PDF stamp, you can do so by finding one on the internet. Once found, you can easily add it to the document as the Foxit PDF editor has a feature designed exactly for that purpose. Here’s a quick guide on how you can do that:
- Download the PDF seal you find on the internet.
- On Foxit PDF Editor, navigate to the Comments tab just like you did before.
- Click Create.
- This time, select Create custom stamp.
- A pop-up window will appear again. Click the Browse button located at the far right of the menu.
- Find and select the PDF stamp you downloaded.
- Click Open.
- Set the Category and Name of that stamp.
- Click OK. Doing this will add the downloaded stamp to your selection pane.
- Return to the Comments tab and click Seal.
- Select the newly created, or rather, uploaded custom stamp to insert it into the document.
- Drag the stamp to position it accordingly.
While this method expands your options, it is also limited by how much you can find free PDF stamps online. However, you can always work with a designer to create your own seal.
With your own custom stamp set, you can market your brand through PDF documents. Moreover, it is a great way to improve the aesthetics of a document without affecting its content. But as always, you should not over-customize as it can affect the integrity of the document.
Custom PDF stamps take a bit of effort to make, but they offer a number of benefits that generic stamps can’t provide. Use this guide as a reference and you should have your own custom PDF stamp that you can use for your documents.