Quick and easy banh xeo recipe you can try at home.
– Ingredients for the crust:
- 200g rice flour.
- 250ml water.
- 100ml beer.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Cooking oil.
– Ingredients for the cake:
- 200g beef or pork belly.
- 200g shrimp.
- 1 onion.
- 100g bean sprouts.
- Kinds of spice.
– Ingredients for making sauce: Garlic; horn pepper; tomato; fish sauce; sour tamarind or lemon.
– Assorted vegetables:
- Basil, laksa leaves, cinnamon, lettuce, coriander…
- Mango, star fruit, sour banana, cucumber,…
Step 1: Mix baking powder
- Mix the prepared rice flour, salt and turmeric powder together. Then mix 250ml of water with 100ml of beer and 50ml of coconut milk. Add the flour mixture to the water and stir.
- Green onions are cut into small pieces and then put in the flour, add a little oil. Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes – 1 hour.
Step 2: Prepare ingredients
- Thinly sliced beef or bacon. Drizzle lightly with a little salt, minced garlic and ginger, pepper and cooking oil.
- Shrimp cut beard, wash. Shrimps are also wet with seasoning, dried onions and ginger a little bit big.
- Sliced onion, areca sprouts, washed and set aside.
Step 3: Stir-fry
After preparing the ingredients, proceed to stir-fry. The pan is heated with a little oil, sauté the onion until fragrant with a little spice. Then add shrimp to the island. When the shrimp is almost cooked, add the beef. Stir for a while, then scoop out and set aside.
Step 4: Pour pancakes
- Add cooking oil, wait for the oil to boil. Spread a thin layer of dough around the mold so that it is very thin and even.
- Cover for half a minute.
- Place the sautéed cake mix, onion, and bean sprouts on top. Continue to cover for another 2 minutes.
- Then unfold and fold the cake in half. Wait until the cake is golden and crispy on both sides, then take it out
- Do this until you run out of dough and filling.
Step 5: Make the dipping sauce
- Chili peppers and tomatoes remove seeds. Then boil it up and put it in a blender.
- Mix fish sauce in the ratio of 5 water: 2 sugar: 1.5 fish sauce and cook together until the sugar melts. After that, mash the tamarind into a sour substance and then mix it in a cup of fish sauce, seasoning to taste.
- Add the hot peppers, crushed tomatoes and minced garlic.