– Making the crust:
- 1 teaspoon dry instant yeast
- ½ tablespoon sugar – 250g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 130 ml of warm water
- 1 tablespoon (tablespoon) cooking oil
- 50g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200g minced lean shoulder meat
- 10g dried wood ear fungus
- 10g shiitake mushrooms
- 8 quail eggs
- 1 small handful of vermicelli
- A few cloves of dried onions
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Seasoning seeds, fish sauce, salt, sugar.
Note: To make the dumplings blend, not dry, only lean minced shoulder meat with fat should be chosen.
– Steaming tools for dumplings: Steamer, steamer
Step 1. Prepare the yeast
Before kneading and mixing the dough, prepare the yeast. Dissolve ½ tablespoon of sugar in warm water, sprinkle with yeast, stir gently, and let rest for 20 minutes.
Step 2: Mix the dough and knead the dough
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together. After that, make a hole in the middle of the bowl of flour, then pour in the water mixed with yeast on top of the cooking oil.
- Knead the dough into a smooth dough (knead by hand), add a few drops of lemon juice, the cake will be whiter.
Step 3. Incubate the dough
- After the dough is done, let the dough rest for 1 and a half hours in a closed, warm place, covered with a wet towel to prevent the dough from drying out.
- Incubate the dough for 40-50 minutes and the dough will double in size.
- Try pressing your finger in and see if the dough rises
Step 4: Make the cake
- Minced meat is marinated with curry, seasoning, fish sauce, salt, sugar, chopped dried onions.
- Boil quail eggs, then peel them, put them in a bowl.
- Wood ear, shiitake mushrooms soaked in hot water to bloom, washed, then chopped, left in a bowl.
- Soak the vermicelli in cold water until soft, then cut into short strips.
- Add wood ear mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, and vermicelli and mix well.
- Then, mold each filling to wrap 1 quail egg evenly, divide it into 8 parts.
Step 5. Mix the dough for the 2nd time
After the dough rests, the dough will double in size. Knead the dough again and divide it into 8 small portions.
Step 6. Make the dumpling shell
- Roll the parts of the pie crust into a ball, then roll it flat with a rolling pin, then add the filling to stuff it.
- Fold the edge in a circle and pinch the center point.
- Repeat until the end.- The cake has been molded to rest for 30 minutes.
Step 7. Steam the cake
- Prepare a pot of boiling water for steaming. Place the cake on the cupcake paper and arrange the cake on the tray.
- Cook 1 pot of water with 1 tablespoon of vinegar. When the water is boiling, put the cake on the steamer for 25 minutes, then the cake is cooked.
Note: To make the dumplings white, wait a little bit of rice vinegar into the steaming water.