Friday, August 19, 2022

PCB’s announcement to raise the issue of T20 leagues in the ICC meeting

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has decided to raise the issue of growing domestic T20 franchise leagues in the meeting of the International Cricket Council.

Pakistan Cricket Board Chief Executive Faisal Hasnain says that important ICC meetings are going to be held next week, as far as Pakistan is concerned, we have two things on the agenda for these important meetings, Chairman Ramiz Raja England. I am while I will join them soon for the meeting.

He said that the first thing on the agenda is that the future tour program will be discussed and we will finalize the matters with other boards regarding us, 80% of the work has been completed and the remaining 20% ​​will be finalized. When will play where and who will host, will finalize the mutual series from other boards.

Faisal Hasnain said that the second important thing in the agenda that we will keep in the ICC meeting is the issue of domestic T20 franchise leagues, leagues are coming up every day and the duration of some leagues is increasing, these leagues are international cricket. While the board gets revenue from international cricket, but now the leagues are taking the time of international cricket, Pakistan has reservations and worries about it.

He said, “We want the matter to be discussed in the ICC meetings and a procedure should be made and new proposals be made and the matter should be discussed in the Executives’ meeting in any case. It is that two other boards have also written to the ICC regarding the formation of a working group and a discussion on the same.

The chief executive PCB said that since everyone will be at one place for the meeting, the time has been fixed for discussions on the sidelines with other boards, including Cricket Australia, England Board and Sri Lanka Cricket, even Saudi Arabia. The Cricket Board will finalize things on matters of mutual interest.

He said that Chairman Ramiz Raja’s proposal of four-nation tournament is still on the table, if it is not discussed formally in the board meeting, he will discuss it with other boards on the sidelines. It will be, Australia wants to host the tri-nation tournament, so we will also discuss the matter.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular