– Cake crust:
- All-purpose flour: 500g; 1.5g baking powder (no can be omitted)
- Fresh milk: 220ml low sugar
- Butter: 50g salted or light butter, if not available, replace with 50ml of cooking oil
- Salt: teaspoon
– Cake filling:
- 4-5 pieces of wood ear; 1/2 bean or kohlrabi; 1/2 onion; Purple onion.
- A handful of vermicelli; Seasoning powder, pepper;
- 200g ground pork; Quail eggs or chicken eggs
– Sauce part:
- 3 Fish sauce to eat, 2 tablespoons of boiled water to cool
- Sugar 1 teaspoon, teaspoon MSG
- Minced chili, garlic, lemon juice.
Steps to make the pillowcase: The butter needs to be melted first. Put 220ml of fresh milk + yeast + 2 eggs + salt and preheated butter into a bowl, stir well, then slowly add flour and knead until it forms a smooth, elastic mass, then cover and let the dough rest for 30 minutes. When kneading the dough, if it feels too dry, you should sprinkle a few drops of water.
Steps to prepare the filling:
- Wood ear mushrooms soak in warm water for about 30 minutes to bloom and cut into small pieces. Soak vermicelli in cold water until it blooms and cut into small pieces. Onion, peeled, diced. Shredded kohlrabi or minced bean curd. Quail eggs or hard-boiled chicken eggs, remove the shell.
- Stir-fry the purple onion, add 200g of ground pork and onion to stir-fry, the other fillings remain the same, do not stir-fry together to keep the sweetness.
- Then mix the meat with other ingredients: wood ear, vermicelli, tubers or kohlrabi, add 1 teaspoon seasoning powder, 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Steps to shape the crust: After 30 minutes of incubation, the dough is rolled out with a rolling pin. Bottles can be used instead. Dry flour sprinkle a thin layer on the table to prevent sticking, pour out the dough and roll it out very thin. After rolling the dough, take a bowl bigger than the rice bowl and press it down to make a round mold.
Steps to make pillow cakes: Crack an egg, take only the yolk into a bowl, beat it and prepare a brush to sweep. After making the crust, fold the cake out, brush a thin layer of egg yolk around the edge of the pillowcase, put the filling in the middle, and then put the quail egg in. Slowly fold the edges of the cake back and create a fold.
Step of frying the cake: Pour oil into a pan or pot with a thick, small base to save oil, make sure to deep fry the cake in the oil pan with a medium donkey. Fried pillow