Having trouble playing or sending voice messages on Instagram ? Well, it’s safe to say you’re not alone. There can be a number of reasons for this, from a lack of proper app permissions to a buggy app build. If the usual solutions like restarting the app or phone still don’t work, you can try these tips to fix Instagram voice messages not playing or sending problems on Android and iPhone.
1. Allow Instagram to use microphone
- 1 1. Allow Instagram to use microphone
- 2 2. Check microphone access from privacy settings (Android 12 only)
- 3 3. Check Instagram Server Status
- 4 4. Logout and Login
- 5 5. Disable Instagram’s Data Saver Feature
- 6 6. Clear Instagram Caching (Android)
- 7 7. Instagram Update
- 8 8. Switch to Instagram Lite or Instagram Web
- 9 Talk to Chat
To get started, you need to check that Instagram has permission to use your phone’s microphone. Otherwise, the app may not record any of your voice messages.
1. Long press Instagram app icon and pop-up info icon. Then go to Permissions.
2. Click Microphone and choose Allow only while using the app from the following menu.
1. Open Settings and scroll down to tap Instagram.
2. Turn on Microphone .
2. Check microphone access from privacy settings (Android 12 only)
With Android 12 and later, you can control microphone permissions for all apps from Privacy . If you accidentally turn off microphone access on your phone, apps like Instagram won’t be able to use your microphone despite having the necessary permissions. Here’s what you can do to fix it.
1. Open Settings on your phone and navigate to Privacy.
2. Under Controls and alertsturn on the side switch Microphone access.
3. Check Instagram Server Status
Instagram, like any other service, is down from time to time. If Instagram’s server is down, you may have difficulty using some of its features.
You can visit a website like Downdetector to see if others are having similar problems. If the server is down, you have no choice but to wait for Instagram to fix the problem.
4. Logout and Login
If you’re having issues with Instagram voice messages that are only caused by a temporary issue, you can try signing out of your account and back in again. Here’s how to do it.
1. Open Instagram on your phone and navigate to the profile tab. Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal bars) and select Settings.
2. Scroll down to tap Log out.
Open the Instagram app again, log into your account and see if voice messaging works.
5. Disable Instagram’s Data Saver Feature
Instagram has a data saving feature that can help you reduce the amount of data the app uses. This feature can also sometimes affect the functionality of the application. Therefore, it is best to disable this feature if you are having trouble playing or sending voice messages on Instagram.
1. Open Instagram on your phone and go to the profile tab.
2. Tap the menu icon in the top right corner and select Settings from the list.
3. Go to Account > Cellular data use.
4. Finally, turn off the side switch Data Saver.
6. Clear Instagram Caching (Android)
Apps like Instagram tend to collect cache in the background to improve the app’s load time and overall performance. However, if the existing cache data is corrupted, the application may not function properly. You can try clearing Instagram’s cache to see if that helps.
1. Long press Instagram app icon and tap info icon will open.
2. Go to Storage and press Clear cache.
7. Instagram Update
It’s always a good idea to keep the apps on your phone updated to their latest versions. If Instagram voice messages don’t play or fail to send due to an error, updating the app will help.
Pass Play Store or App Store and updated Instagram app. After updating, check if the problem is still there.
8. Switch to Instagram Lite or Instagram Web
If you’re here, it’s safe to assume none of the solutions above worked for you. In that case, you can try switching to Instagram Lite. It is a stripped down version of the Instagram app with all the necessary features, including voice messaging.
Instagram Lite Only available for Android. So if you’re using an iPhone, you can turn to Instagram Web to listen to your voice messages. It should be noted that you can only broadcast your existing voice messages on Instagram Web. Sadly, it doesn’t give you the option to record and send voice messages.
Talk to Chat
If you don’t want to waste time typing long text, then voice message is a good choice. However, Instagram voice messages not playing or delivery problems can be frustrating.
In this article, we explained the top 8 fixes for Instagram voice messages not playing or sending. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have questions or comments on this article. Leave a comment below and NewsMenk.com will respond as soon as possible.